Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Till Dawn with the Devil

Wow. That took an unexpected twist. Or two. The guy still gets the girl, don't get me wrong, but I didn't see that coming until it was in my face saying, "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you!" (Note to self: punch the next person to do that.)
Ms. Alexandra Hawkins, our author, plays the game rather believably. The characters don't magically overcome their pasts, Sophia's eyesight isn't miraculously restored, and Reign isn't a mega jerk while courting her. The Boogeyman is still very much present until the end of the book. It's just that our heroes learn to deal with their nightmares. Kudos to them for taking their lives into their own hands.
And fellas, (yeah?) don't be afraid to read this because it's a romance. If nothing else, standing in the Romance section could get you a phone number or two. ;)
Enjoy. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment